Seoul to expand monthly transit pass to cover Incheon
简介People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass ...
People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass from next year, Seoul City said Friday.
It is an expansion to a 65,000 won ($50) pass that gives commuters unlimited access on all public transport within Seoul, and bus rides that depart from Seoul to other metropolitan areas.
The announcement came as Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon and Incheon Mayor Yoo Jeong-bok signed a "Seoul-Incheon Transportation Business Agreement" at Seoul City Hall and announced the plans to strengthen the two cities' cooperation on transportation.
Oh called the pass, named "Climate Card," a "new innovation" in transportation development in the Seoul metropolitan area.
"We will do our best to benefit many citizens by actively promoting the expansion of the climate companion card in the metropolitan area, which is promoted as a major transportation policy for people's livelihoods as well as responding to the climate crisis," Oh said after the meeting.
Seoul in September announced the introduction of the public transit pass that gives holders unlimited access to subways, buses, and public bicycles within Seoul for 65,000 won per month. It has been discussing ways to expand the policy to surrounding areas such as Incheon.
Seoul will roll out the card on a trial basis from January to May next year, and formally implement the scheme in the second half of 2024.
정부가 이스라엘로 급파한 공군 KC-330 시그너스를 타고 지난 14일 성남 서울공항에 도착한 시민들이 수송기에서 내리고 있다. 전민규 기자이스라엘 체류 한국인 163명(장기 체류 ...
South Korea's import prices climbed for a fourth consecutive month following the devaluation of ...
한·미 국방장관이 13일 북한의 핵과 대량살상무기(WMD) 위협에 대응해 10년 만에 확장억제 실행력을 담은 전략문서를 개정했다. 또 대북 확장억제 노력 향상과 제3국 견제가 담긴 ...
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- ‘Believer 2’ returns as 'midquel' with new characters, stronger plot
- Business groups demand more flexible working hour system
- LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
- Japan thanks S. Korea for Israel rescue effort
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- [Korea Beyond Korea] From history and K
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- Ruling party chief clings on after election loss
- Beef prices have soared 100
- S. Korea set to open largest
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- [Today’s K
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- US strategic bomber B
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair