SM to launch boy group in the UK
简介SM Entertainment has joined hands with the British entertainment company M&B to launch a boy group i ...
SM Entertainment has joined hands with the British entertainment company M&B to launch a boy group in the UK.
The K-pop powerhouse announced Thursday that it has inked a strategic partnership with M&B in Seoul.
M&B is led by Nigel Hall, known as the producer of British competition shows such as “The X Factor” and “Britain’s Got Talent.”
M&B co-CEO Dawn Airey is also known as a former CEO of Getty Images, and another co-CEO Russ Lindsay is one of the founders of James Grant Media Group, the UK’s largest independent media, music and sports talent agency.
M&B will be in charge of casting the members to debut while SM will be providing the know-how of K-pop music, music videos and choreography.
The songs this group debut with will be produced by SM’s music publishing affiliate, Kreation Music Rights.
Through this partnership, SM aims to increase its share in the European music market.
“This project is our meaningful first step in the European market. We will use our unrivaled K-pop producing capability and network to expand our reach to major music markets including the US, Latin America and Europe. We will play a pivotal role in accelerating the global growth of the K-pop industry,” said Joseph Chang, SM’s chief business officer.
The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring o ...
North Korea on Monday accused the United States of being behind the ongoing war between Israel and t ...
Competition is heating up between South Korean chip rivals Samsung Electronics and SK hynix to take ...
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- Hyundai partners with Saudi firms to build hydrogen mobility ecosystem
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching
- Korean delicacy of live octopus leads to choking death of 82
- Unwind with Korea food, lifestyle docs on Netflix
- Monk sentenced to 18 months for assaulting woman who refused sex
Korea extends fuel tax cut scheme until year's end
공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- [Today’s K
- 사전투표 D
- Korea to start hiring E
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- Jeju Island offers many choices for holidaymakers with pets
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- Posco to start search for new chief
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo