Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
简介Leading South Korean conglomerates with affiliates in Israel, including Samsung Electronics, are kee ...
Leading South Korean conglomerates with affiliates in Israel, including Samsung Electronics, are keeping a close watch on the heightened conflict in the Middle East, a report by corporate tracker Korea CXO Institute showed Thursday.
Among the nation’s 82 companies with more than 5 trillion won ($3.7 billion) in assets, four conglomerates, including Samsung, SK, LG and OCI, operate subsidiaries in Israel, owning at least a 50 percent stake in the affiliates.
Samsung has the largest number of five subsidiaries in Israel among Korean firms while the other three -- SK, LG, and OCI -- each have one local branch in the country.
The nation’s No.1 conglomerate runs Samsung Electronics Israel, a Samsung Semiconductor Israel, a research and development center and mobile camera firm Corephotonics via Samsung Electronics Benelux, which is wholly owned by the company.
The software solution provider Red Bend is also operated by Samsung Electronics through its subsidiary Harman Becker Automotive Systems. Samsung Bioepis, the biopharmaceutical unit of the company, runs a subsidy in Israel, too.
South Korean chipmaker SK hynix operates the Israeli sales branch of its NAND product solutions arm in the US.
Besides its sales branch in Tel Aviv, LG Electronics also operates the Israeli automotive cybersecurity firm Cybellum Technologies since 2021.
Bukwang Pharmaceutical, the affiliate of OCI, recently took over the drug development company ProteKt Therapeutics, which is based in Israel.
Though the firms have not reported specific losses from the rising tension in the Middle East, Korean conglomerates are keeping a close eye on the situation, monitoring the safety of their workers, the report said.
“If the war is dragged out for a long time or even expands to the nearby countries, there might be extensive damage to Korean companies,” said Oh Il-sun, head of Korea CXO Institute, in the report.
SK Group will hold its annual CEO meeting – one of the biggest gatherings of its top executives – in ...
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
- [New in Korean] Booker Prize
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean studies in Turkey grows on foundation of strong relations
- Two dead in Gyeongju construction site collapse
- Plush bag charms in high demand among young Korean women
- [Today’s K
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- US, China agree to work towards Biden
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- Mirae Asset ETF to make Chinese debut
- Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
- ‘Cenozoic Life’ to open 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- [Herald Review] Up
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- Special brochure brings together Korean
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- Retail sales up 9.5 pct in Sept. on strong online demand
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”