Global Kimchi Day declared
简介Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness ...
Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness about the Korean staple food globally, together with Korean food buyers and foreign diplomats during the Buy Korean Food trade fair in Seoul.
The state-run food trade agency, known as aT, has already celebrated Nov. 22 as Kimchi Day following a revision to the Kimchi Industry Promotion Act in February 2020.
At Thursday’s event, aT vowed to seek the day’s global recognition, joining together with foreign supporters, including 12 buyers from nine countries, including the UK, the US, Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan, who were designated as goodwill ambassadors.
The event was joined by several ambassadors and diplomats from seven countries, including Argentina, Belarus, Honduras and Venezuela.
The Global Kimchi Forum, a consultative body bringing in voluntary cooperation globally to encourage the adoption of Kimchi Day around the world, was also launched as a part of the event.
"The global designation of Kimchi Day is an opportunity to confirm that the popularity and status of kimchi has increased worldwide, and also an opportunity to inform the international community that Korea is the suzerain state of kimchi," said aT CEO Kim Chun-jin.
"I believe today's proclamation ceremony event of 'Global Kimchi Day' will serve as an opportunity to publicize the excellence and value of kimchi to the world and to promote the health of all mankind."
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials ...
The highlights of the exhibition are letters that Korean Catholics sent to the Holy See in 1811 and ...
North Korea on Monday accused the United States of being behind the ongoing war between Israel and t ...
- S. Korea to review additional measures against N. Korea's arms transfer to Russia
- N. Korea blames US for instigating Israel
- Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul
- Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- US strategic bomber B
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- Omega X to return with 3rd EP ‘iykyk’ next month
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- [Today’s K
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- Seoul anticipates 3
- S. Korea's Busan making last
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK