[Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
简介The National Changgeuk Company of Korea is making a grand return to the stage with one of its most m ...
The National Changgeuk Company of Korea is making a grand return to the stage with one of its most most unconventional repertoires, "Farewell My Concubine.”
Premiered in the spring of 2019 and met with sold-out shows during its fall run, this "changgeuk" is a blend of traditional Korean and Peking operas, brought to life through the collaborative efforts of creative teams from Korea and Taiwan.
Set in the turbulent Spring and Autumn Period in ancient China, "Farewell My Concubine" tells the epic tale of war interwoven with the poignant love story of Gen. Hang Woo (Gen. Xiang Wu) and Woo Hee (Consort Yu).
Changgeuk actors and pansori singers Jeong Bo-gwon and Kim Jun-soo, reprising their roles as Hang Woo and Woo Hee, respectively, are approaching their characters with fresh determination.
South Korea plans to review additional measures against growing military ties between North Korea an ...
The 28th Busan International Film Festival held its new awards festival, the Asia Contents Awards & ...
For one local beer aficionado, the recent increase in the variety of alcoholic beverages available a ...
이용, 지도부 때린 서병수·홍문표에 "선당후사·솔선수범 하라"
How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
Half of Loona restarts as quintet Loossemble
BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- [Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music
- Economy set for mild recovery, but bumpy road still ahead: BOK
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- [Herald Interview] ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ director, actor say drama consoled them
- Food trade agency launches global low
- S. Korea, US, Japan reaffirm cooperation
- Top diplomats of S. Korea, US, Japan hold talks on margins of APEC summit
- Soyeon, Winter, Liz's collaborative song 'Nobody' comes out Thursday
- Russian delegation arrives in Pyongyang for trade, science talks: KCNA
- Helicopter parent's questions spark debate online
- [Korean History] In 2005, science world’s biggest scandal unravels in Seoul
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- Korean chip giant chiefs to travel to Netherlands with president
- Congressional panel official stresses space
- Animal shelter busted for killing and burying hundreds of pets
- Seoul subway to hold second strike Nov. 22
- [KH explains] Chinese battery makers gobbling up Korean rivals’ European market share
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
- Production teams called out for carelessness
- [Up close in Yeouido] Spy
- Hyundai Motor chair wins top UK royal honor